Trekking in Darjeeling & Sikkim
If you are a worshipper of nature and adventure is another name of religion for you then Sandakphu trek is the must-embark trail for you. Reaching at a height of around 3636m, this trek let you witness 4 of the 5 highest peaks of the world called Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga and Everest in a magnificent snowy arc. The trek across the Singalila Ridge and Phalut proffers the outstanding views of Kanchenjunga, along with the vistas dotted with seasonal flowers blooming all across the valley. The trail turns exciting the moment it enters the villages of Gorkhey and Samandan. The excitement of trekking gets multiplied as the trek route passes through the places that offer magnificent views of Singalila National Park where one gets to see exotic species of animals such as red panda or Tragopan. The experience of trekking on Sandakphu turns even more delightful as it allows one to witness around 600 species of orchids across the trail along with rhododendron blooming with burning colours. The night stays at secluded trekkers hut further enhance the adventurous feel perfectly. So, before embarking on this route, let’s have a look on the detailed itinerary.
Day 01: Bagdogra – Arrival
Your Arrival Time – Once you reach at Bagdogra, meet our representative to drive towards Darjeeling. Upon arrival transfer to the hotel. Evening is free for sightseeing and acclimatisation. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 02: Darjeeling-Maneybhanjang-Tonglu
Early in the morning visit the tiger hill for sun rise on Kanchanjunga peak, later visit Ghoom monastery and Batasia loop. After breakfast meet our guide and drive Maneybhanjang. It’s starting point of the trek. Today you need to walk around 6 hours uphill. The trail passes through small village of Chitre and through the forests of Rhododendron and magnolias. The trekkers hut is located on a hilltop at Tonglu and stands overlooking the Sikkim Himalaya. Overnight stay at Tonglu.
Day 03: Tonglu-Garibas
Today you will be taken for a pleasant walk through the forest where you would get to see rare species of animals like Red Panda and the Tragopan. A walk of around 4 hours will take you to the hut of Garibas (2620m). Spend tonight here.
Day 04: Garibas – Sandakphu
Sandakphu trek continues. Post breakfast start for the trek to Sandakphu. Sandakphu is located at a height of around 3636m and it will take around 06 hours to reach here. It is the place where you can have the best views of the mountain peaks. If it is a day with clear sky then you can have a glimpse of the awe-inspiring views of Lhotse (8501m), Everest (8848m), along with Makalu (8475m) which is a part of the Nepal Himalaya. The chances of sighting peaks like huge Kanchenjunga (8586m) massif is quite obvious along with the other peaks of the Sikkim Himalaya. Overnight stay at Sandakphu.
Day 05: Sandakphu – Phalut
The day 4 of Sandakphu Trek brings a lot of excitement for you as you will be walking along a ridge which is considered to be one of the most breathtaking and scenic walks in the Himalaya. The whole range of snowy peaks accompanies you through the entire route and passes through the high altitude greenery and plantations of dwarf rhododendrons and firs. Phalut is at a height of 3600m and will take around 07 hours to reach. Overnight stay at Phalut.
Day 06: Phalut – Rammam
Sandakhpu trek continues. In the morning you walk up to Phalut Top to witness the sunrise over the Himalaya. After breakfast trek to Rammam (2560m) which takes around 05 hours. The trail passes through the villages of Gorkhey and Samanden where you will get enough opportunities for birding. Overnight stay at Rammam.
Day 07: Rammam – Rimbik
Today while moving from Rammam you will descend to the bridge at Sirikhola and passing through a number of small villages you will reach at Rimbik. Overnight at Rimbik.
Day 08: Rimbik – Darjeeling
After breakfast 4 hours drive to Darjeeling. Sandakphu Trek ends.
Day 9: Darjeeling – Bagdogra – Delhi (123 Kms / 6-7 Hrs)
Drive to Bagdogra and board the flight for New Delhi. On arrival at Delhi transfer to international airport to catch onwards flight.
- The hotels offered are subject to availability at the time of confirming the reservation. If in case hotels offered are not available then we will book alternate property with similar category.
- Once reservation is confirmed the names of the hotels are mentioned on your confirmation voucher.
- The rooms will be provided with view/non view room. If guest require a particular type of room like view room or honeymoon room or suite room then kindly notify us at the time of making reservation. Extra charges may apply for the same.
- Special arrangement can be organized as per guest request like candle light dinner, room decoration, paragliding, river rafting etc. Extra charges apply for the same.
- Room heater will be provided to guest if requested. Some hotel might charge for this service.
- The standard check in time is 12 pm and checkout time is 10 am for most of the hotel. If in case you are arriving early then rooms will be provided as per availability. Most of the hotel does not allow late check out.
- 30 Days or more: 10% of total trip cost
- Within 29-20 days prior to arrival 30% of total trip cost
- Within 19-15 days prior to arrival 50% of total trip cost
- Within 15 days prior to arrival Non refundable.
- Any cost arising due to political unrest and natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- The car provided for the trip will be on point to point as per itinerary and it cannot be used under disposal.
- Guest travelling in a group should travel with minimum baggage only. Kindly do not exceed baggage allowance of 15 kgs per person. If in case guest travelling in a group has exceeded the baggage policy then they need to hire additional vehicle if in case the cab driver denies for extra luggage. The charges for additional vehicle need to be paid by customer locally. The restriction of baggage policy is due to hilly area and safety of the passengers.
Submit Details as per your requirement.