Paro Thimphu Phuentsholing Punakha Wangdi Phodrang 8 Nights
Day 01: Arrival and Transfer to Phuentsholing
Arrival at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / transfer to Phuentsholling/Jaigaon is 170 kilometres and 6 hours drive from Siliguri-Phuentsholling is in India and Bhutan border, Indian Nationals don’t require visa or passport to visit rest of Bhutan but any identity document like election commission I.D card is required. Evening free at leisure -Overnight stay in Phuentsholling.
Day 02: Transfer to Thimpu
Morning After breakfast-Passing through the beautiful landscape proceed to Thimphu 7 hours drive from Phuentsholling-Thimphu ,the capital of Bhutan is beautiful valley with a mixture of modern facilities and culture-Thimphu Valley has cradled its culture and tradition in a sustainable manner since 1216-The valley is surrounded by hills and provides outstanding view-Adventure sports like hiking, trekking, river rafting and wildlife excursion is available here-One can get to see colorful festivals and dance celebrated in the dzongs of Thimphu on a festival days-Don’t forget to taste the butter tea-Check into Hotel-Overnight stay in a hotel in Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimpu Sightseeing
Early morning breakfast – Drive and visit the Memorial Chorten (Stupa) built in memory of the third King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, who was called the Father of modern Bhutan – Next the National Library where ancient manuscripts are preserved, Wood Craft and Painting School – The handicrafts Emporium which has beautiful and creative collection of textile arts, and indigenous fibres-Future plans of becoming a center of textile learning – Trashichhoedzong is also called fortress of the glorious religion-The dzong houses main secretariat building and is the throne of His Majesty, King Of Bhutan-During the summer months His Holiness,Je Khenpo visits the dzong.-The car will be at your disposal – Other places to visit are National Zoo, National Institute of Traditional medicine, Traditional Paper Factory(made from Daphne Plant)-Please note it is not possible to cover all the sites mentioned above in a single day-Back to Hotel-In the evening local markets like handicraft shops, weekend market(Saturdays and Sundays),Craft Bazaar(Tuesday and Wednesday) can be visited. Overnight stay in Thimphu.
Day 04: Thimphu – Wangdi – Punakha Transfer via Dochu la Pass
After breakfast, drive to Wangduephodrang, with a stop en route for tea break at Dochu La (3,100 meters), where on a clear day you can get a spectacular view of the Himalayas – After lunch, will continue drive to Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan and visit Punakha Dzong, which is noteworthy both for being one of the most beautiful dzongs in Bhutan and also for having been built by the first Shabdrung in 1637 –Damaged four times by fire and an earthquake, it has been fully restored by present King- Check into Hotel – Evening free to stroll around the region – Night stay at Punakha.
Day 05: Punakha/Wangdi – Gangtey Gompa Excursion
Early morning breakfast – After breakfast start on a full-day excursion to Gangtey Gompa in the Phobjikha Valley – It is the only monastery in Bhutan is an important monastery of Nyingmapa sect of Buddhism and seat of Pema Lingpa tradition – The Phobjikha Valley is a large U-Shaped valley also called Gangteg Valley- The Phobjikha Valley is home to rare & endangered black – neck cranes, which migrate from the Tibetan plateau in winters to roost – Apart from endangered black – neck cranes one can find 13 other globally threatened species–Large spread of ngrass and dwarf bamboos make it a unique place to visit- Return to Wangdi Phodrang in the evening – Evening free to visit the local market – Night stay at the hotel in Wangdi Phodrang.
Day 06: Transfer Wangdi/Punakha to Paro
Early morning breakfast – Paro town is known for its scenic beauty, wooden villages and historical building it is one of the most beautiful towns of Bhutan –Paro is 65 kilometres and 2 hours drive from Wangi Phodrang– Check into hotel Check into Hotel-After Lunch drive for visit to Rinpung Dzong-Rinpung Dzong is a fortress monastery believed to be built by Guru Rinponche and then reconstructed by Ngawang Namgyal-It is an architectural wonder-It houses collection of masks and costumes-Ta Stay in Paro dzong, an ancient watchtower build at a hill above Rinpung Dzong is now a National Museum of Bhutan-Back to the hotel-Evening guest can buy some Bhutanese handicraft-Overnight in Paro.
Day 07: PARO SIGHTSEEING
Early morning breakfast-Morning excursion to Taktsang Monastery, also called the Tiger’s Nest-Guru Rinpoche/Padmasambhava is believed to have meditated here for three years, three months and three days in 8th Century-The monastery clings to a cliff which is 800 metres above the ground-Walk of 2 hours-Back to hotel for Lunch-After Lunch visit to Drukgyel Dzongs, was a fortress built to commemorate victory over the invading Tibetan forces-Destroyed by fire in 1950-KyichuLhakhang is one of those 108 monasteries constructed miraculously by King Songten Gampo in one night,-Other places to visit are Jangsarbu Lhakhang,Druk Choeding,Dungtse Lhakhang-Adventure sports like trekking, hiking and bird watching is also available in Paro-Please note it is not possible to cover all the places mentioned in a single day-In the evening free to visit local markets-Overnight stay in Paro.
Day 08: Transfer from Paro to Phuentsholling
After breakfast transfer to Phuentsholing – On the way take a short stop at Chuzom, the confluence of Paro and Thimphu rivers with three different style of stupas adorn this confluence – Drive further through Chapcha and later take glimpse of famous Chukha Dam and the magnificent Vince waterfall before Gedu town – Arrive Phuenthsoling by evening and check into the hotel – Evening free to stroll around the area – Night stay at hotel in Phuentsholing.
Day 09: Phuentsholling/- Bagdogra / Njp
After breakfast transfer to New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) Nearly 170 kilometers 4 -4½ hours drive – onward Journey.
Shomu Lango, Paro 12001, Bhutan
Desi Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
The orchid hotel
Tharpai Lam, Phuentsholing, Bhutan
Khuruthang, Punakha, Bhutan
- The hotels offered are subject to availability at the time of confirming the reservation. If in case hotels offered are not available then we will book alternate property with similar category.
- Once reservation is confirmed the names of the hotels are mentioned on your confirmation voucher.
- The rooms will be provided with view/non view room. If guest require a particular type of room like view room or honeymoon room or suite room then kindly notify us at the time of making reservation. Extra charges may apply for the same.
- Special arrangement can be organized as per guest request like candle light dinner, room decoration, paragliding, river rafting etc. Extra charges apply for the same.
- Room heater will be provided to guest if requested. Some hotel might charge for this service.
- The standard check in time is 12 pm and checkout time is 10 am for most of the hotel. If in case you are arriving early then rooms will be provided as per availability. Most of the hotel does not allow late check out.
- Vehicle used in the package will be Non A/C Tata Sumo ,Tata Victa, Santro, Wagon R or Alto for normal package.
- Luxury vehicle are available with an additional charges. Luxury vehicles are Innova, Xylo or Scorpio.
- The capacity of luxury vehicle is 6 passengers only. If in case no of guest is 7 then they need carry minimum luggage. This restriction is for safety of the guest as road condition is not good and region is a hilly area.
- Vehicle will be available to guest as per itinerary only(point to point basis)and cannot be used at disposal.
- The entire trip will be a private tour and not under sharing with other customer until and unless you have booked the reservation with sharing with other travelers.
- All the taxes and parking charges are included for car reservation.
- Govt Id Proof for all passengers. – Kindly carry original and Xerox as well.
- Govt Id voters card or Passport is only accepted for availing the permit.
- Documents required for all passenger travelling.
- Passport size photograph: 4-6 passport size photographs for each passenger.
- Accommodation at mentioned hotels or Similar
- Meal included in each hotel as mentioned in your package
- Airport transfer, sightseeing on each destination as per itinerary.
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Assistance by our representatives during airport/station transfers.
- Any air/train fare to reach NJP/Bagdogra or Paro Airport
- Entrance fee if applicable on few places and Guide Charges
- Personal expenses.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
- 30 Days or more : 10% of total trip cost
- Within 29-20 days prior to arrival 30% of total trip cost
- Within 19-15 days prior to arrival 50% of total trip cost
- Within 15 days prior to arrival Non refundable.
People traveling to Bhutan should carry their Passport or Voter Identity card to proof their Identity as an Indian National. These documents along with Passport size Photographs (4 copies each) are required for the entry formalities in Phuentsholing and Paro. Childern accompanying their parents may producer their School Identity card or birth certificate in case of non availability of Passport or Voter Identity card.
The Inner Line Permit for Bhutan is issued on producing these documents. To visit Punakha, Wangdi, Bumthang visitors needs one restricted area permit which is available one day in advance from Thimphu. People entering Bhutan by surface are advised to stay one night in Phuentsholing for the entry formalities. The Govt offices in Bhutan are closed on Sunday and Saturday. The visitors are hereby request to plan their trip in such a way that they are not stuck up for permits due to holidays.
- Any cost arising due to political unrest and natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- The car provided for the trip will be on point to point as per itinerary and it cannot be used under disposal.
- Guest travelling in a group should travel with minimum baggage only. Kindly do not exceed baggage allowance of 15 kgs per person. If in case guest travelling in a group has exceeded the baggage policy then they need to hire additional vehicle if in case the cab driver denies for extra luggage. The charges for additional vehicle need to be paid by customer locally. The restriction of baggage policy is due to hilly area and safety of the passengers.
- If the guest tour has impacted due to cancellation of flight/train then no refund will be possible for tour package. Necessary cancellation charge will be applicable. We will try to get the waiver for the cancellation fee but this is not 100% guaranteed.
- The rate offered for Indian National and foreign national is different. If in case Indian guest fails to present voter’s card or Indian Passport then package amount will not be refunded in case of cancellation of trip.
Submit Details as per your requirement.